ISO 9001:2015 Changes and Realistic Expectations
- Less prescriptive, but with greater focus on achieving conforming products and services
- More user friendly for service and also knowledge-based organizations
- Greater leadership engagement
- More structured planning for setting objectives
- Management review is aligned to organizational results
- The opportunity for more flexible documented information
- Addresses organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Defines and guides on effective supplier relationships
- Further support the harmonized used of integrated quality management systems which address environment, health & safety, business continuity aspects
Plan to Make Time On Your Side
Take the time to plan and prepare for your 9001:2015 quality management system upgrade by following by following our action steps, remember that your goal is to achieve a successful ISO 9001:2015 quality management system upgrade that is not only certified, but also suits your company’s needs, and has a benchmark for improvement. Most organizations only have 2017 and up to Q3 of 2018 to get their ISO 9001:2015 upgrades completed. Most organizations because of their size and the number of tasks to complete for their quality management system upgrade should have their ISO 9001:2015 upgrades beginning now.
Economic conditions are still tough on Small to Medium Business (SMB) and International companies however, if quality management system knowledge is properly acquired, disseminated and then implemented process workflows will improve in each organization.
Conservatively, these fundamental QMS performance benchmarks listed below for ISO 9001:2015 are realistically achievable, through the transition to ISO 9001:2015 and within the first three years after the initial organization’s registration. We will see, as with the implementation of ISO 9001:2008 which was the last revision of ISO 9000 quality management system change. Most organizations will achieve results similar to these as was true with earlier ISO certification case studies:
- 10-15% Reduced Scrap Rates
- 8-13% Reduction in Customer Claims
- 3-5% Customer Visit Reduction
- 8-12% Reduction in Product Design Cycle Time
These benchmarks are fully dependent on the organization and its context and how the quality management system is implemented within the organization. ISO certification does not make every company more profitable, but it does provide an excellent platform to achieve higher product, process and quality management system results and creates the environment and structure for continual improvement to be driven.
If you are seeking a quality management system consultancy and training organization that is flexible and client focused then, please, complete our request for service questionnaire, and we will contact your organization to discuss our services.
To gather a more in-depth understanding with regard to some of the significant changes in ISO 9001:2015 and our interpretation of those changes please continue to our ISO 9001:2015 High Level Summary to learn more.